Tuesday 22 November 2011

Blog 3 - Leaving Vrindhavan

It is time to leave Vrindhavan





Tomorrow I head back into the rages of India.







I feel I have been cocooned for the past week







but I also feel totally recharged,







physically and emotionally.








I have sung my heart out every morning with my new friends, the matajis from Croatia.







I have eaten the most delicious prasad from the Temple each day,







I have wandered the gardens








and the grounds around the complex,







chanting and quietly singing to myself.







People who pass by smile,







they bow their heads and raise their fingertips, “Hare Krsna” they say respectfully.







Even the shop keepers and rickshaw wallahs nod their heads as you approach.







“Hare Krsna Mataji” they say as I walk past. “Hare Krsna”. I reply a smile on my face.







I find myself waking up singing songs in my head and smiling.







I go to sleep at night with the songs drifting in and out of consciousness beside me.







There are parts of India that are a tourist nightmare, scams, rip-offs, and not nice people doing things to good people.






Here in Vrindhavan I am sure there are bad things happening, just as there are bad things happening in Wales,




but if everyone back home could just spend a moment as they pass each other to say Hello, Good Day,





and smile or nod, the world would seem a much happier place.






This has been a truly incredible experience that even I, who is normally never at a lose for words to use, can not describe. It is with regret that I leave this place,





yet another step is waiting to be taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment